Well Unloading & Blow Down
- Wednesday, 27 November 2013 08:09
- Christopher Noble
Objective: Increase production from idle wells by flowing multiple low pressure or idle wells to surface using portable production equipment and using pumps to re-inject into the pipe line both liquids and gas. Can operate in conjunction with both gas lift and water injection to further increase production. Package can be operated to ensure no overboard emissions.
The well unloading packages handle low pressure production, boosting the oil and gas flow rates and processing them for re- introduction into the operator’s process plant facilities. The Production Solutions’ Low Pressure System is a system that utilises the well test unloading concept, using the common well testing equipment package, modified to reduced footprints. Packages are simple to assemble and designed to be quickly be mobilised between platforms.
- API SPEC 6A – Pressure Control Equipment
- API SPEC12J – Oil & Gas Separator
- API RP 14 E&C – Package Design & Safe Systems
- API RP 520 – Installation of Pressure Relief device.
- ANSI B16.5 – Flange class rating
- ANSI B31.3 – Process Piping
- NACE MR-01-75 Sour Service
- LPS / WUU services allow operators to produce additional volumes of oil and gas that were previously unachievable through existing facilities.
- Flowing Well Head Pressure – 20 ~ 250 psi
- Oil flow-rate – 500 ~ 6,000 BOPD
- Gas flow-rate – 1 ~ 3 mmscft/day
- Water flow-rate – 500 ~ 6,000 BPD
- Header re-injection pressure – 300 ~ 750 psi
- Gas compressor suction pressure – 20 ~ 150 psi
- Gas lift injection pressure – 1,200 psi
- Gas lift injection volume – 2 mmscft/day
- WUU preparation will consist of;
- Platform Visit / PFD and P&ID
- Equipment Layout with Hazardous classification Cause & Effect Matrix HAZOP / HAZID
- Load Out Plans
- Commissioning and Start Up Schedule